Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the founder and co-owner of Cold Fusion Micro Creamery. We are planning to open a very unique business in San Francisco Bay Area. A liquid nitrogen mobile creamery where we offer freshly made organic ice cream hand made right out of our restored 50 year old DIVCO milk truck that we are fitting with a 4bd2t and a 4L80e transmission running on vegetable oil. All of our dairy products are purchased locally at Straus family creamery in Petaluma and our recipes have been developed into the most creamy, rich and flavorful ice cream and we even hand roll our cones for that added unique flavor. Our unique business doesn't stop at our ice cream. Our friendly 1950's milkman inspired, uniformed drivers at all of our destinations.

We completed filming our business profile and it is to be placed on kickstarter.com and trying to spread the word mainly trying for facebook likes. The costs for the stainless steel work, the liquid nitrogen dispensing unit, designing and patenting our machinery, updating safety features of our vehicle and a few unexpected issues have forced us to find additional support. If there is any way for some of the users to help spread the word on this business through Facebook it will help our cause.

Our FaceBook page: http://www.facebook.com/coldfusioncreamery
Our website: www.ColdFusionCreamery.com
Our YouTube Concept Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qudjcKer2Q&feature=youtu.be

Now I'll post some pictures of the restoration so far. Currently it is in the soda blasting booth and it will be primered and rust damage will be cut out and repaired.

image.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
How much for a cone? I used to make liquid N2 and I know it's not cheap.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Like they said in the movie Field of Dreams "If you build it they will come". Good homemade ice cream is like drugs, very addictive. There is a company here locally called Udderly Delicious that does great business and only sells ice cream. Alway remember people like KFC started with one store in an out of the way place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We just want to focus on giving that old American experience. Our business idea started with a bad experience with a local ice cream truck when I let me kids buy from them. So because they let my children down I thought how many other kids are being treated this way?

·
Registered
92 Posts
We just want to focus on giving that old American experience. Our business idea started with a bad experience with a local ice cream truck when I let me kids buy from them. So because they let my children down I thought how many other kids are being treated this way?
Good perspective, outlook, and thinking. Sounds like the start of something pretty darn cool. Had so many similar ideas to this (old truck/van, diesel conversion with bio/veggie in the tank, cool business), glad to see I'm not totally crazy and that someone else is actually DOING it. Got a few friends up that way, I'll have to tell them to be on the look out, and I'm definitely going to have to see what you've concocted out Straus' stuff when you've got this all going! They're such an amazing dairy, I've not tried anything bad from them yet.

oh yeah, the truck... got me drooling over ice cream :lol:. I've always loved those things since I was a kid, always thought a repower like this would be really cool. I'm subscribing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts