Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am chasing this 434 code again. Anytime I connect to the ecm via insite, it goes and throws a 434 code and will stay active. I looked in the fault history and it has happened 68 times. Looks like it was an issue before I got the engine. I’ll be on hunt for a ecm seems like. Code goes away after I disconnect my computer. Maybe I’ll be trying the aftermarket Adaptronic one sooner than I thought. Any of you CR engine guys have an idea?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ecm is already ran directly to battery. Voltage drops to 10.3 volts while cranking engine. Positive to negative ohmic values with battery disconnected is 185,000 ohms. All positive wires in the harness to ground/negative are over 100,000 ohms. All negative wires are under 10 ohms to ground. No wires are shorted to another. Everything checks out per troubleshooting guides via insite. I really think it’s ecm due to the fault history. Go ecm.com can rebuild it for $895. I found some china ones for $500, but worry some about that. I’ll just probably get this one rebuilt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts