Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a cr 6-71 would make 400-450hp with no smoke as it is built heavy enough ,much heavier than the new stuff out there with the timing controled by the computer,it would work well. . I thought l schaffer was doing one,but I haven't seen it yet PS I have a buddy that has two johnson and towers 6-71t in a boat set at 650 hp but they only have a 1500 hour life they would not be any good in a truck as they smoke like a pig until the turbo lights . I would think that you could use a 6b computer with twice the # of teeth on the reluctor as it fires every time around and make brass sleves for the nozzles I'm game to try one

· Registered
652 Posts
I think a cr 6-71 would make 400-450hp with no smoke as it is built heavy enough ,much heavier than the new stuff out there with the timing controled by the computer,it would work well. . I thought l schaffer was doing one,but I haven't seen it yet PS I have a buddy that has two johnson and towers 6-71t in a boat set at 650 hp but they only have a 1500 hour life they would not be any good in a truck as they smoke like a pig until the turbo lights . I would think that you could use a 6b computer with twice the # of teeth on the reluctor as it fires every time around and make brass sleves for the nozzles I'm game to try one
Was looking through the service field handbook and found numbers you might like.:) 671TI with N90's in it is making 325HP and with 9215's is making 435. The 9215's are in a marine application, but with the right intercooler and radiator it might work in over the road as well.:) Detroit made a DDEC 671TIB that might be worth a look.:)

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to play with the injector size with the 6-71 but I cant have any trouble with it as it's still a work truck. it has to be able to run at the gov without trouble and hope to get not much worse mileage than n65 or 70s the only reason that I still run this rig is that it doesn't break and I can fix it when it does. I inframed it only because of low oil pressure 25-30 hot at 2100 but the inside looked ok but I guess that new rods and mains and oil pump fixed it as it has 50-60 now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.