Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a running 1989 4BT that has a knock. Selling as a core only, but you might be able to roll some new bearings in there? Haven't pulled it apart and I don't want to. I also have a video of it running if you want to hear it. Complete with turbo, good VE pump, lift pump, crossover tube, alternator, air intake, injectors, injection lines, etc. I saw another core normally aspirated 4B for sale on here for $800, so I figure that $800 is fair for this engine too, with turbo. Don't have valve covers for it.

Also have a T19 (I think) transmission that was bolted to the engine. Everything you need to bolt to your cummins. T19 transmission w/bellhousing, shifter, new looking starter, clutch assembly (unsure of condition), flywheel, and engine block adapter. Only thing I want to keep is the black shifter boot in the picture :D. Not too sure what this is worth, so $700 obo?

If I can't get the complete engine sold I'll consider parting it out. All prices are OBO. PM me or call me at (925) 285 9506. I can deliver within a reasonable distance for the cost of fuel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright guys, thanks for all the interest in this! Looks like the engine is pending a sale and so is the engine adapter/flywheel/starter, etc. Only thing not pending right now is the transmission. Someone make me an offer on that and get it outta my garage!

Some have asked about hearing the engine run. Here is a video I took of the engine running and knocking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC0sjzdgHOc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine is pending, flywheel/engineadapter/clutch/starter are sold. Only have the transmission for sure, $100 OBO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts