Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
One pic shows 4 sets of Ford frame mounts as if viewed from the front of truck. The closest is the 6 cylinder you want. The next is out of the donor 1986 E350 van. The 3rd set is the wrong 6 cylinder mounts. The 4th set is the trucks 302/351 mounts. The other pics show the mounts bolted in the truck and the left hand Cummins motor side mount with the Dodge rubber isolator. The engine bolted in without any fabrication. The trucks original transmission, cross member, and drive shaft were used. I have been driving it for over a year now. I have many more pics.
Can anyone tell me if the cummins motor mounts on the block for a bolt in to ford I6 engine stans are available new or must I locate a parts van that had been changed to a 4bt by a repower program? Jeremy

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dieseldude emailed me to say that he was able to use the Ford step van angled block mounts with the stock 300-6 frame stands in his '83 Bronco and he said that he thought that the all the of pre-86 or 87 300-6 frame stands were the same going back to 1960. It seems that whatever year Ford moved to the fluid-type mounts, possibly 87 or 88, was the year the 300-6 frame stands where changed and were no longer compatible with the Ford 4BT block mounts.

Can anyone confirm this?

For the record, here are the best pictures I could find of the compatible frame stands, these pictures are from Cobradriver427's swap:

Perhaps these would be easy to spot in a salvage yard, but if somebody has a picture of these frame stands without the engine, please post it for reference.

Cheers,
Brett
Did you make your ford 4bt block mounts or are they the ones that come in 4bt ford step vans. Jeremy

·
Registered
200 Posts
"Did you make your ford 4bt block mounts or are they the ones that come in 4bt ford step vans. Jeremy"

The passenger side one came out of an e350 chassis step van, the drivers side one I built mirrored off of the passenger side one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is very helpful thread. Curious though if there is any part numbers I can find the motor mounts online but I cant find the frame stands that I need. I have a 92 F150 302 and need the I6 frame stands so I can just bolt it in. Do I have to order the little rubber block as well?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I can find the motor mounts online
By motor mounts, if you are talking about the 45 degree Ford 4BT mounts I would like to know where! "Old stock" "Obsoleted" "Can't reference PN's anymore for those." Is all I ever got, except for a lucky discovery on Ebay once that I missed out on.

Do I have to order the little rubber block as well?
Yep. I got mine for under $7 each off Amazon: Anchor 2469 Mounts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not as far as I know. I ended up cutting and modifying the flat Chevy mounts I had to turn them into the 45 degree Ford versions. One interfered a bit with my late-80's vacuum/PS pump combo when I bolted it in and I had to grind a bit of one of my gussets off for clearance, but otherwise so far so good with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What did you end up using? I am in the same situation with a '92 f150 and would appreciate Ford or LMC trucks part #s if you have them. Also, did you use the dodge isolators as shown or something else? Any help you can give is appreciated. Nice Youtube, BTW.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
I kno this is a super old thread, but tons of good info, but I've called pretty much every junkyard here in Long Island and no one seems to have anything. I'm guessing that all these truck frames get crushed with the frame stands still attached. SOOOO...does anyone....anywhere...have these stands or know of any yards that have these!? Although making mounts isn't difficult i would much rather use a factory part. Thanks guys I hope someone can help

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm in the same boat you are. I can't find frame stands anywhere! Looks like I'll be making my own, but for time sake and simplicity I much rather bolt on something

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
That era F series trucks are a dime a dozen in the bone yards in here the southwest you might try contacting yards here and see if they will ship to you for a fair price.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey guys, I went to the junk yard this morning and picked up some I6 chassis plates for my upcoming 4BT swap in a '94 Bronco, but while there I also ran across 7.3 chassis plates in a '93 F250, which look like they may also work, and locate the 4BT even lower than the I6 plates. Has anyone tried these? I didn't see any mention of them in the thread.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts