Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd post this schematic up for those interested. It was posted on a biodiesel forum by a Cummins owner who IMO really knew his stuff. He designed his system to use the powerful and reliable piston pump of his cummins. All three 3 way valves are mechanical and it allows him to purge his svo/wvo filter. Also allows him control over when the valves are operated.The wvo/svo return is looped to retain heat in the oil. FPHE stands for Flat Plate Heat Exchanger. I have a Dodge/Cummins tranny cooler that I would use for this if I ever do it.
here is a link to his web page where he shows how he did it all, http://www.xyzworks.com/wvo.htm

Gaza

Attachments

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks, Gaza! My buddy wants to start 'growing our own' so maybe a WVO or Veggie system is in the near future?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been lurking for some time - currently collecting parts for my swap that will include a 2 tank WVO system. This link details a simple yet seemingly effective design - thank you for the post! :beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was wondering for simplicity's sake if you couldn't just run both returns back to the wvo tank? Of course it would depend on warm up time and not running the tank over.

·
Registered
854 Posts
and not running the tank over.
It would overflow in a pretty short time, the fuel return on these engines moves quite a bit of fuel. All the fuel from one tank would end up in the other in pretty short order.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Put some fuel flowing aftermarket injectors in it and it will go to a trickle....and just about nothing at full throttle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Put some fuel flowing aftermarket injectors in it and it will go to a trickle....and just about nothing at full throttle.
I think when I get back I'm gunna try a piston pump on ******, that should give us plenty of fuel! I think we are gunna need twins after that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts