Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd post this schematic up for those interested. It was posted on a biodiesel forum by a Cummins owner who IMO really knew his stuff. He designed his system to use the powerful and reliable piston pump of his cummins. All three 3 way valves are mechanical and it allows him to purge his svo/wvo filter. Also allows him control over when the valves are operated.The wvo/svo return is looped to retain heat in the oil. FPHE stands for Flat Plate Heat Exchanger. I have a Dodge/Cummins tranny cooler that I would use for this if I ever do it.
here is a link to his web page where he shows how he did it all, http://www.xyzworks.com/wvo.htm

Gaza

Attachments

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks, Gaza! My buddy wants to start 'growing our own' so maybe a WVO or Veggie system is in the near future?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been lurking for some time - currently collecting parts for my swap that will include a 2 tank WVO system. This link details a simple yet seemingly effective design - thank you for the post! :beer:

·
Registered
854 Posts
and not running the tank over.
It would overflow in a pretty short time, the fuel return on these engines moves quite a bit of fuel. All the fuel from one tank would end up in the other in pretty short order.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Put some fuel flowing aftermarket injectors in it and it will go to a trickle....and just about nothing at full throttle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Put some fuel flowing aftermarket injectors in it and it will go to a trickle....and just about nothing at full throttle.
I think when I get back I'm gunna try a piston pump on ******, that should give us plenty of fuel! I think we are gunna need twins after that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.