Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
hmmm...

Spam with a little bit of useful info...

IIIIIIInteresting...
Yeah... And ALL 4 posts the person has done (as of this moment) are to spam us with the same site in the different forum sections. At least it's somewhat related, unlike the ones hawking watches, games, etc.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
If you go to the website the specify they are "Cummins authorized" and "parts are not reversed engineered" So do any of you "Red Star" members have any interest in to getting an Import License and becoming a "US Distributor" for these parts? Remember Cummins uses parts from all over the world in manufacturing an engine.

As far as the posting goes I think I'll get rid of the duplicates and let Andre make the final decision on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
See if this guy shows up again and if not this is history...

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Never mind this guy is a total spammer... Banned...

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have been seeing "BRAND NEW" Cummins 4BT blocks, crankshafts and cylinder heads coming from China. Wonder what the quality is like.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
I have been seeing "BRAND NEW" Cummins 4BT blocks, crankshafts and cylinder heads coming from China. Wonder what the quality is like.
Probably fine once you get the lead-based paint and melamine out of 'em..

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
China quality is varying considerably these days, some stuff is now actually very good. Also a lot of high end super light components and electronics are now being made there. I have a friend who does that for work and regularly flies there and tours factories. He says same thing it varies considerably.. Ipods and such and really high tech gadgets. I havn't deleted this guys other posts yet but he is claiming the same thing for the Isuzus too. When I looked at his other stuff I knew he was a spammer like the last guy in China. Unless he maybe comes back. If he is subscribing to this thread he should get an email telling him there are new posts... If he is not a spammer I would gladly welcome him to the community and perhaps he could sell some parts.. His English is pretty good..

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have been doing some reading this morning, and apparently Cummins and Komatsu have some joint-venture manufacturing and products for Asian markets. It could possibly be the Chinese made Cummins parts are licensed for use in Asian markets but not US markets.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wrong answer..I have ordered parts from Cummins Cal Pacific and guess what?? Yup original Cummins parts made in China.I was hesitant about using them and called Cummins to find out what's going on with these parts and said they are as good or better than what was made 20+ years ago.
Sergio.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cummins Parts and Manufacturing

All need to remember! that Cummins is the only independent engine manufacter left in the World and the key part of that statement is World...Cummins is a Worldwide Company with Worldwide Manufacturing. and Yes they have Joint Ventures and lincensing agreements as do many of the other engine manufacters....That doesn't make the quality any less, in some cases that has actually improved it...Some Non Cummins parts are certainly of a lesser quality. Often refered to as will fit/ jippo...Of coarse this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to that. Mallo986

1 - 13 of 13 Posts