Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to plumb up the coolant hoses on my 6V53 and have come to the conclusion that I didn't take nearly enough pictures as I tore down the truck it came in.
I have the 3 main hoses to the radiator (1 bottom and 2 top) that much is straight forward. Where I have questions is there are some extra hoses that I'm not sure about. The fire truck the engine came out of had a water to coolant heat exchanger that I didn't need, so it was removed long ago.
(This is probably a question for NeoDan) Is this where that heat exchanger would have been hooked into the cooling system? Would the 2 spigots work for cab heater hoses?

Next question: What does this hose do and is it necessary?

3rd question: What does this hose do and is it necessary?

Any answers or discussion appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The outlet on the left.......base of thermostat housing...........is where pressure line for your heater core should go . The outlet on the right, just above the fan belt was initially designed for shutterstal or any coolant sensor . The hose is a de-aeriation line tp prevent air locks when filling the radiator and cooling system , The return line from heater core could be plumbed down there as well for the biggest temperature differential for good heater flow . De-aeriation line could be smaller .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts