Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is there a way to check the coolant temp sensor . The one I'm talking about is one on my 4bt that should run the cooling fan after the temp gets up to said temp like 195* . Mine had not been used in 5years or so . But I'd installed a new cooling fan. & I ran it thru the 2 post on the old sensor. But it never kicked on the fan tonight . My 4BT Got to about 220+ tonight so I took it back into the shop . & The fan was not running ..
But I figured there is a way to test the old sensor .
...THANKS

·
Registered
7 Posts
What does "But I'd installed a new cooling fan. & I ran it thru the 2 post on the old sensor." mean? If it means what I think it means, it will never work that way.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Steely Eyed, My 4BT has a port into the water jacket .. That I screwed a sensor into . Said sensor is supposed to be a fan temp sensor to run your cooling fan . We sell these sensors .& they have 2 prongs on top of them . One side goes to ground & other should go to fan .. When sensor get to 195* it kicks your fan on. We sell sensors that have different temps .. I think 180 190 195 205.
.... Did that answer your question . I couldn't totally understand how you ask either . Hopeful that got it answered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts