Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Fxsu, thanks for the info on the link to the wiring diagram. I had never ventured into that service section on Quick Serve. Was always looking at the Parts segment. I even had an ESN that showed that specific diagram. That area of Quick Serve could be very useful, especially for these computer controlled engines. Would be nice to have access to a giant printer so you could have a large hard copy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update! i have been at it for a while i got the harness in the car after some trimming soldering and heat shrink. and by a little i mean about 20hrs of it. i picket up a williams control 5241936 for the APS and IVS. My only concern at this point is my J-CAN i left the shielded communication line intact and seperate. However i don't know much about this network i work with alot of newer networks at work for Honda and KIA. With this being said is it ok to run the J-CAN wires through a bulk head connector and does anyone have even a hand drawn diagram of this showing terminating resistors? I was also wondering if it is possible to run J-1935 instruments is so i have an International i got the accelerator pedal from and if i am not mistaken the entire cluster if run of 2 J-1935 communication wires wondering if this would work i don't know if the ECM has all the outputs or if it will even partially work. Uploading some pictures soon!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The wiring came out pretty clean i still have J-CAN to do but its in there. I am also building a relay box under hood for starter, intake air Htr. , and fans. Then building a fuse box for the body. What does every run on these ISB for fuel system it appears as though the ECM is cooled by return side fuel line i left it all intact and have the nylon supply and return. Lift pump??

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
162 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
162 Posts
The wiring came out pretty clean i still have J-CAN to do but its in there. I am also building a relay box under hood for starter, intake air Htr. , and fans. Then building a fuse box for the body. What does every run on these ISB for fuel system it appears as though the ECM is cooled by return side fuel line i left it all intact and have the nylon supply and return. Lift pump??
Ecm cooled by supply side prior to filter. I tried a GM 6.5 pump but it would not flow enough. I have a FASS DRP 100gph now and works great. Some others have used FASS systems also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I appreciate your help on the CAN a lot of research and planning and ordering i think i am going to be able to lay it in nicely. I am getting down to the small stuff and i am making my own under hood relay/fuse box and a chassis fuse/relay under dash. I am currently trying to find the AMP draw of the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I planed on going with a FASS 150GPH. did you leave the fuel system intact and plumb into it
ISB170 Allison 1000 Install into WW2 Dodge this is a good thread to look through. He used a FASS with the built in filters.
I used just a FASS pump no filters. I used the Cummins factory filter setup but redid all the fuel lines with -6an fittings, lines, and check valves.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I appreciate your help on the CAN a lot of research and planning and ordering i think i am going to be able to lay it in nicely. I am getting down to the small stuff and i am making my own under hood relay/fuse box and a chassis fuse/relay under dash. I am currently trying to find the AMP draw of the starter solenoid.
The draw on the starter solenoid is a lot. I installed a mag solenoid to hit the starter solenoid. Install a diode across the mag solenoid to protect the ECU. In my thread towards the end I show it. Cummins recommendation is a mag solenoid also, diagram in quickserve somewhere too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Make sure to take the ECU 30 amp power and ground directly to the battery. Battery acts as a noise filter when other things turn on like fans and such. It will save you headaches down the road.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts