Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to be one of the first to swap one of these into a vehicle. I hear they are releasing limited qty out now. Sounds like the price in in the 9K range which is a bit painful for such a small motor. Sure would be nice in a 1 or second gen toyota 4x4 to replace the gas 22r.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The guy that runs that program for cummins got his start on this site with a 4bt cj7 conversion. Would be nice if he could swing a special 2.8 repower-x2 4btswaps deal :D

I honestly prefer the mechanical simplicity of the 4bt a lot less to go wrong plus I have seen some of the 2.8 swaps in the magazines and on youtube and it looks like a rats nest of wires and lines in the engine bay. Most of the 4bt repowers I have seen look a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There have been several builds already. I am doing a swapping a2.5 gas for a Cummins R2.8 into my 93 Jeep YJ, AX15 trans behind it. It should be a good bush buggy as well as great running around daily driver summer and winter. She will be rebuilt from the frame up, a set of 35"tires and I am even installing air conditioning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts