Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the engine. The HX35 is from a '97 Dodge 6bta. This is the same setup (see the engine beside it) that we recently installed into a tacoma rockcrawler. With the 65hp fueling system (injectors and IP) it made 105hp and 273 ft-lbs with and HX35 and intercooler.

I'll try and take some more pics of the engine today. Call me for details or best reasonable offer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is what I may end up installing into my Scout 2, since the IH gasser is gonna be around $2500 to build. :( Do you do this "swap kit" very often? When I look to buy this would be a great way to go. My work schedule doesn't permit me alot of time to gather parts and pieces.:(

Thanks! :grinpimp:

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Per Cummins New England the 3.3 is offered in several IP configurations - this "qualifies" as automotive style in that it is designed to accommodate variable input/speed, as compared to other IP's offered which are designed for fixed input/speed (like a generator).

Good catch - that was a typo - HX30
(HX35 would be barely usable with 3.3 unless major mods to IP and injectors...)

·
Administrator
4,159 Posts
What is the engine CPL code? Is this a factory equipped turbo engine or is it a normally aspirated engine & you are including a turbo? A picture of the engine tag would be nice.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the engine CPL code? Is this a factory equipped turbo engine or is it a normally aspirated engine & you are including a turbo? A picture of the engine tag would be nice.
Decided to keep the engine setup - Not 4 sale.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's working out better for me anyway. When I made my pitch to the wife I about had to go sleep in the Scout a few nights. :eek: I think I need to get her the Travelall she wants first. LOL!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Per Cummins New England the 3.3 is offered in several IP configurations - this "qualifies" as automotive style in that it is designed to accommodate variable input/speed, as compared to other IP's offered which are designed for fixed input/speed (like a generator).

Good catch - that was a typo - HX30
(HX35 would be barely usable with 3.3 unless major mods to IP and injectors...)
Just FYI- That IP on the engine you had pictured was not for an automotive turbocharged application. I said something as it seamed your ad was stretching the truth quite a bit as to what you were selling. That IP could be made to work without too much effort if you have experience with them (internally) and another road pump to rob parts from.

·
Administrator
4,159 Posts

·
'69 FJ55 Land Cruiser
1,660 Posts
Jeez that ebay ad sure is deceptive.. . Sorry buddy your account here has been terminated.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
The Craigslist ad is equal in it's "Full Disclosure", too:

http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/1372293053.html

Cummins 3.3 Turbo SWAP kit, nv3550, np231
BRAND NEW Engine - 105hp - 275 ft-lbs w/ HX35 Holset Turbo
Fully mechanical direct injection diesel engine. Needs only 12v and a diesel fuel line to run!

NV3550 & NP231 (From 2001 Wrangler- 19K miles) - includes transmission, t-case, flywheel, clutch and flexplate.

Achieves 30-35 mpg in jeep, toyota... small trucks/suv. This drivetrain can be mounted into almost any vehicle/chassis... in short you'll need a radiator (or reuse yours), Phoenix Adapters (SAE4 to Jeep bell housing adapter $600) and some engine mounts, 12 volts to starter and fuel solenoid and diesel fuel line.

Please contact me to discuss or with questions.
$4,000 FIRM. This is a steal - these are very rare with the automotive style fuel injector pump and HX35... weighs 400lbs less than a cummins 4bt 3.9 and half the noise and vibration!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
According to the information I've been given, the NA engines DO NOT have piston cooler jets, so that's a MAJOR strike against trying to convert it to turbo.

And, even though he removed it from this thread, here's some additional information for Google to grab and chew that I pulled from one of his prior classified ads here: http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9957

Located - Biddeford Maine 04005

Chad
207-702 0011
[email protected]
me.com

Personally, when looking for an email address or phone number, I'd probably be punching it into search in this format:

207-702-0011
[email protected]

But that's just me..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jeez that ebay ad sure is deceptive.. . Sorry buddy your account here has been terminated.
This is not the first time, he had some axles advertised as 64 WMS when i got them the front was 61 WMS and the rear was 62 WMS i brought it to his attention he told me to use 1.5 to 2in spacers to bring them to 64 WMS that is not a way to do business. If you took an item to be cut at a certain specs you expect it to be done that way. Alot of people use this thread to sell things just for money with no regards of the other members.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Good Job!!

You guys had a sharp eye there,good job!! If only I had someone looking over my shoulder when I had my "education" about Ebay sellers,and those who have no integrity when it comes to the dollar!!! It shows this forum takes it serious about "fly by nighters"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts