Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a flex plate for my cummins 4bt. I am mounting it to a small block c6 trans. Does any one have one they want to sell or do you know where I should look for one? Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
I need a flex plate for my cummins 4bt. I am mounting it to a small block c6 trans. Does any one have one they want to sell or do you know where I should look for one? Thanks
I am not aware of any of the bread vans using a ford auto transmission behind the 4BT, so you may actually be needing some custom made parts there.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
This part is probably the least used and uncommon part in the Cummins world. Most were industrial off road applications such as luggage tugs at airports. The part numbers are listed in the general discussion sticky. Rumor is the Cummins/GM automatic version can be substituted but you still have the stupid wave ring to deal with. Generally easier to go another route.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apreciate the info! I have an adaptor plate that will mount the 4bt to the c6. I am trying to figure out the best was to get a flexplate or have one custome made.

·
Registered
61 Posts
kinda the same boat only aod.....the wave ring is not to popular. and I haven't gotten accurate measurements yet but I think my plan is to cut down a stock dodge cummins flex plate, weld on the ford ring gear (welded like stock) find my flex plate to t.c spacing and buy bar stock to that dimension. weld them in place of t.c. studs and have a machine shop drill the new t.c. bolt holes at 0 run-out...let e know what you think . Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
kinda the same boat only aod.....the wave ring is not to popular. and I haven't gotten accurate measurements yet but I think my plan is to cut down a stock dodge cummins flex plate, weld on the ford ring gear (welded like stock) find my flex plate to t.c spacing and buy bar stock to that dimension. weld them in place of t.c. studs and have a machine shop drill the new t.c. bolt holes at 0 run-out...let e know what you think . Thanks
How is your AOD 4bt? I know this thread is dead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Enzo,
Wound up with a bread truck bell housing, flywheel and pressure plate. Put in a 88( if I remember right) f150 2 wheeler 5speed,easy way out. loved it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts