Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how do-able this project would be. Right now I have a 1990 Ford Bronco with a 302 and 4.10 gears and on average I'm getting 13 mpg. After reading about these engines I'm starting to wonder if the swap would be worth it. What kind of troubles might I run into? I'm assuming I will need to get an adaptor plate or something to that nature to get it to hook up to the E40d transmission thats in it now? What other problems might there be? Also what is the expected life of one of these engines? Do they last as long at the 5.9s? Thanks
-Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have any info on flex plates or were I could get one for this set-up. I found a web site that had electonric transmission controller.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I got some progress today on this research. I found someone who used the chevy flexplate and stuff with a ford bell adapter and they just welded 2 extra tabs onto the wave ring thing to mount to the stock ford 4 bolt TC. Seems like this could work fairly easily. I think I'm gonna do it if my ranger sells on ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts