Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, the Bandit drove out of the shop.....Finished. I dont have any plates yet so I only drove her up and down the mountain and got off the road. She runs great, probably a little quicker than the Carryall, as she is lighter. She is very quiet, but yet with a deep diesel sound. Steering and brakes are excellent. I backed her out of the shop in a area with a lot of ice. When I went to come back thru the drive through door, one wheel started to spin. I was going to get out and lock the hubs.........then I remembered the ARB Lockers. Ha!, I hit the rear locker and immediately it was Summer......pulled right in. Thanks Dan, already love the ARB's. I am thrilled with her performance and handling.

I have uploaded complete 'walk around' pictures to the Bandits Image Event Album. The next to the last picture is a 'Build List', what went into the Bandit (double click to bring it to full screen).

Later this winter, I will be having a Tonneau Cover made for the bed. When the Tonneau cover is complete, I will add that picture to the Bandit's build album. Other than that picture, no more pictures will be added to the album....Its complete, she is finished....WOW, I think she is a 'Keeper' !

Now to clean my shop and get it back in order. A messy shop is a sign of a healthy mind ha ha. The Bumblebee is now in the surgical position in the shop for its diesel upgrade, yet this winter.

As always, If I can ever help you with your diesel conversion, please email me.

I need one part, which I have not been able to locate anywhere. I need a M37 Center Tail Gate Hinge. If anyone has a spare one for sale, please email me.

Here is the link tot he Bandits Photos. Picture 177 to end is todays roll out. Any picture can be double clicked for full screen.

http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/m37project

Paul

·
Administrator
4,164 Posts
That is a pure work of art Paul. I really like the color scheme.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Beautiful :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every build is superb! :beer: Well done!:beer:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Very nice build! Restorations are such a time consuming process. I have done two and both were over two years....one over 3, but I did alot.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Man that looks great! Makes my old m37 look like a turd....oh wait, it was a turd.....LOL Great job man! :beer:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice rig, lots of hard work into that one. beautiful...

Just went thru the entire album....

so wheres the long road trip gonna lead you?

OT- I spent a summer up in Wilmington building an addition on a home there- nice country.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice rig, lots of hard work into that one. beautiful...

Just went thru the entire album....

so wheres the long road trip gonna lead you?

OT- I spent a summer up in Wilmington building an addition on a home there- nice country.
I am still working on the trip. It will be North for sure. The higher the latitude the better the vacation.

Paul

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dang, that is really nice, not just the cosmetics. I like how over engineered and well thought out everything is, the hydraulic winchconversion... etc, etc.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
One other thing, guys: to the best of my knowledge Paul works entirely alone on these terrific projects! That puts a whole different spin on a more than frame off resto! Nothing farmed out, just one man gettin on the wrenches. That says a lot, beyond what the pictures say.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Guys for the kind words. It was a fun build. Sometimes I wondered if I would ever see light at the end of the tunnel LOL

Paul

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is too nice to drive… It should be in a museum! Nice work Paul!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats Paul! bounce

That is one sweet ride.

I see you also posted new pics on your image event as well! I can't wait to go check em all out.

:beer:

·
Registered
41 Posts
One other thing, guys: to the best of my knowledge Paul works entirely alone on these terrific projects! That puts a whole different spin on a more than frame off resto! Nothing farmed out, just one man gettin on the wrenches. That says a lot, beyond what the pictures say.
Yeah, that is something to mention and clearly shows the skills that Paul has.

I wonder if Paul has a image event or thread on the shop? I'm at the point in my shop where my next project is the shop. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm at the point in my shop where my next project is the shop. :grinpimp:
Yeah, my first project will be getting a shop :D

What i want to do can't be done in the driveway very easily...

Great M37! It certainly does look like it belongs in a museum. Flawless!

Taylor

1 - 20 of 30 Posts