Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received and installed the VDO Vision Series Instruments today. The numbers, scale and pointers are back lighted with fiber optics. The Speedo is Electronic and programmable. Change tire size or differential ratio and just reprogram the speedo. It can self calibrate over a known measured mile.

Pictures of the Cummins / M37 on my Image Event Site;
http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/m37project

Paul

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Paul,

WOWWWWWWWWWW !!!

Bar level is getting high,Your making it hard to compete with,you need to slow down a bit .

Great job.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
You do a realy nice work !!

Austin and I have talked about taking a trip to come and see ya once his truck is done.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott;

That would be great. You and Austin are always welcome. Let me know a little ahead of your trip and i will make plans so nothing interfers.

The invitation is open to any Cummins Transplanter

Paul

·
Registered
645 Posts
Holy smokes, Paul, I didn't think there was that much stuff to monitor on these engines! What all are you looking at? Must be EGT, boost, oil P, oil T, water T, volts, amps, fuel? Looks great. How about front and rear axle oil temps, trans oil temp, water P, air filter P drop, ambient T, turbo air discharge T, exh manifold P, exh P downstream of turbo, fuel T, fuel P to IP, and don't forget Beer Temp! :)

Steve

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve; Monitoring; Tach, Oil Pres, Water Temp, Pryo, Boost, Volt, Fuel Tank 1 and Fuel Tank 2.

On your list you left out; Black Ice Detector, Brake Pad Temp and Tire pressure/Temp in all 4 tires ha ha

Paul

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Paul,
Where in upstate NY are you? I've drooled over your trucks for a long time :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mikel;
I am at Schroon Lake, Adirondack Mts. Just off I-87, 90 miles north of Albany. Where are you located ? Your sure welcome to come up.

Paul

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Mikel;
I am at Schroon Lake, Adirondack Mts. Just off I-87, 90 miles north of Albany. Where are you located ? Your sure welcome to come up.

Paul
I'm in New Haven CT. If I have my 4BT-powered '63 J300 running by this summer, I'll drive up there. I've always liked that part of the country :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice gauges

Paul,

NICE Gauges! I would like something similar for my crewcab W200. Can you post a link to where you picked them up? Also, do they make a Tach for diesel "scale"? Most of the tachs I see are for gassers and go up to ~10K revs, I certainly don't expect my little 4bt to hit those kinds of RPM's.

Craig

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paul,

NICE Gauges! I would like something similar for my crewcab W200. Can you post a link to where you picked them up? Also, do they make a Tach for diesel "scale"? Most of the tachs I see are for gassers and go up to ~10K revs, I certainly don't expect my little 4bt to hit those kinds of RPM's.

Craig
Craig; I searched all over for the best price and found it at
www.egauges.com The gauges you see in the picture are VDO
Vision Series Black. The Tach is 0-4000 with alternator drive. They used to make a 0-3000 Tach but its discontinued. I am very pleased with the gauges.

Paul

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hmmmm... a Schroon Lake 4BT Rendevous?! There's campgrounds right up that way, aren't there Paul ha haha?! Now if I could only get there on the backroads all the way from K-fornia.

Not to complain, Paul, but is that a smear of Moose Creek Maple Syrup I see on the radio knob? Snacking while we work again, huh? :~ )

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks, Paul!

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Paul not sure if you saw this. I picked this up from another forum. . Neat trip into northern Quebec. You guys have my sites on maybe taking a trip back east and heading up there!
http://www.purplelizard.com/james bay.htm

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paul not sure if you saw this. I picked this up from another forum. . Neat trip into northern Quebec. You guys have my sites on maybe taking a trip back east and heading up there!
http://www.purplelizard.com/james bay.htm
Andre;
Thanks for the link. I hand not seen it. What a wonderful trip. I saved all 5 pages. Its something to seriously think about. I love to drive the old iron into the bush.

Paul

1 - 19 of 19 Posts