Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to see some familiar faces (Yakk & Emievel)...

Im in the process of gathering parts...and I have a few questions (and no I didnt read anybody elses yet...im a slacker!!)

do you think the 6cyl would fit?? and do you think the motor could have sat about 4in lower in the frame and not interfere with anything?? (to lower the center of gravity)

thanks man and AWSOME pix...great shots!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
what kind of load are oyu towing...Im used to my 460 gasser towing my 7K worht of truck and trailer...sometimes more...but if the BT4 works good...I might go that route...20+MPG...I havent seen that in YEARS in anything I drive other than my ATV!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
well I ended up purchasing a 85 ford E250 that already has the 6.9 in it...sofar I've had it 2 weeks..and installed part of the 3in exhaust...(getting the last bits this week)..looked at bumping the fuel..and enjoyed not watching the fuel gauge move while driving to and from work...(my 460 cc 4x4 gets 10mpg at BEST..van gets 14 per old records..gotta do my own test..)

I love it though...I do miss the looks of a truck...but the van needs the 4x4 conversion and some nice heavy duty bumpers...even have the winch for it already...bounce

but if the motor goes..its cummins time!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.