Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I´m new here, but very interested in the 4bt.
I was wondering if some on has a good recipe for a 160-190 hp daly driver, what do i need to do to a original engine. I want max torque at low ram, little smoke and good mpg. The engine will be put in a snow rig in Iceland.
Is a 2xturbo worth the while for under 200 hp.

thanks

·
Vendor
2,698 Posts
9cm housing(good low end), HY35(good boost) and turn some screws(good fuel), maybe injectors.
snow rig in Iceland.Air intake heater, block heater,oil heater,tank heater and maybe some fuel line heaters,and a torch for 'just because':D

thanks

·
Registered
854 Posts
9cm housing(good low end), HY35(good boost) and turn some screws(good fuel), QUOTE]

Pretty good combo, there.^

Injectors should not be needed at that level. An inexpensive intercooler may also help a bit.

·
Registered
329 Posts
An intercooler will benefit greatly as FSJs arent light. Then when you add fuel and boost, your cooling potential is greater which translates to more power.

I would also add a 3k governor spring kit. Then turn up fuel a bit (with a pyro installed of course). Then you can do injectors or turbo tweaking.

I think just adding an intercooler and 3k GSK will suprise you though!

·
Registered
41 Posts
TNdoner
What kind of gas mileage are you averaging? I am thinking of replacing my 360 (which has a NV4500 and NP205 behind it) with a 4BT and turn up the gain to around 200hp? Did you use the TH400 adapter, then a GM to NV4500 bellhousing? Mine is a 2005 so it has the different boltpattern than earlier tranmissions. And rather than asking a hundred more questions do you have a build up detailed anywhere?
thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
329 Posts
I took a 380 mile trip yeaterday for work and took the truck. I got 21.4 MPG

Getting a 4b to 200 will require some mods, parts, and $$$. I can run through traffic no problems, haul cars, etc and I know Im not 200 HP. Im probably around 150.

I used a dodge bellhousing which bolts to post 95 GM nv4500s. then it bolts to the dodge motor plate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts