Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the info about where I bought my custom 700R4 Converter to fit the 4BT pattern (11.5" pattern, 6 lug). My cost was $265 + $22.50 for his time + tax which equated to $295 out the door. I'm unsure on shipping but this should give you a baseline of what your cost "should" be + shipping.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Be sure and tell us how much you like your 700r4 when you drive it. Also tell us that they infact do not fall apart as well!;)

Thanks for the info....... my next build will more than likely include a 700r4

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have a 700r4 in my 6.2 i have gotten 100k even out of the first one. never changed oil or fluid and never towed. have 110k on the second one and never serviced it. and never towed.

·
Administrator
4,157 Posts
Can we sticky this info or put it in the FAQ? :idea:
It's link is now in the ALL NEW "Automatic Transmission Topic Index" in the FAQ thread ;)

ALSO - For future reference, what is the year of your transmission and does this converter fit all years of the 700R4 transmission?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a standard lockup TC. The one I ordered is for the beefier (27 spline, 85 or 87 & later) input I believe.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
This is a standard lockup TC. The one I ordered is for the beefier (27 spline, 85 or 87 & later) input I believe.
that would be 30 spline, the earlier ones are 27 spline. like mine :(

good info. there's a seller on ebay, jktorques, that said they would build me one. I think it would be a performance/HD oriented converter and i'm guessing the price would be somewhere around 320 or so. The person that i talked to seemed very knowledgable and willing to help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's correct, 1987 and earlier are the ones requiring the torque upgrades. Also keep in mind the 700R4 needs to be set up differently as a diesel in the transmission, not just the torque converter. 4x4 versions have different output shafts as well...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very true. In my case, I'm not running a standard 700R4 4x4 shaft. I've got to get a specialty short shaft when I build mine up, about $160, to mate up with a NP205.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
**** Update ****

This converter is the 30 spline, I got a flashlight & checked it out today. At first I was counting the mounting splines then I got to thinking - wait a sec, there's only like 24 :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts