Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed my hx30 super from benzforce. I had it shipped to Midwest diesel products and they machined the housing and put a 50mm comp wheel in. I am very happy with the result! I have the wastegate as tight as it will go and put washers under the bracket for more tightening strength. I have my 30 percent injectors in. It runs very clean, even cleaner than with my other hx30. It’s really amazing how just a bigger housing swap makes a big difference. I can highly recommend this combo. Next step… put it on a Dyno!

Attachments

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boost is around 37 to 40. EGT's are around 1200 or so holding the pedal down. I will post better info once I have a good feel what is the max. I have 30% injectors in. My timing is at factory mark as of now. From past tinkering advancing it a little drops egt's but you loose a little low end torque. Smoke is minimal. Now if you lug it and tromp the pedal you will have smoke, but normal semi heavy throttle it is clean. The turbo is not cheap to start with and with shipping $1300 in just the turbo. Would I say it is worth it?Yes Do you need big injectors?No That being said it burns so clean 2000 plus rpm that the bigger injectors sure help interstate driving. I have heard numerous people in the forum wondering if larger injectors help on the 4bd1t. I have a set of factory ones and extrude honed ones. I have ran both. The bigger ones give a little more smoke and better seat in the pants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts