Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm new over here on this sight ..But I've been gathering stuff for a year for a 4bt swap into a EB ..I've reading your post and I notice there is a lot of talk about how the 4 bt viberates and the 4 bta doesn't ''as bad'' .Where does the viberation come from ..also I was wanting the 4bt because almost one wire makes it run. What else is there to hook up on the 4bta what do the other wiring on the bta go to ...

·
Registered
800 Posts
ive seen one post where the 4bta did not shake "as bad" as a 4bt. other than slightly lower compression, i cant see any other change.
of course i dont think the 4b's shake bad in any of the swaps i have driven or made.

so, i dont know what to tell you. i think "vibration" is relative. just like a "smooth ride"

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I don't think of a whole lot of difference between the 4BT and 4BTA personally, I have had both also..

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I couldn't see viberation as much of a problem after all these are not Cadillacs how about the one wire and what does it take to get the 4bta going or is just adding the cooler

·
Registered
89 Posts
Shaking 4Bs

I posted that referred to {vibration} NOISE on 4BT and 4BTA, and a post mentioning compression.

My reference to compression was that the 4BTA was quieter, that the only difference was compression is 16.5-1 on 4BTA vs 17.51 on 4BT. This 4BTA was quieter than THAT 4BT I sold. I do not comment to all 4BT & A series.

I referenced my 4BTA was smooth, but made no comparison to the 4BT it replaced. This was inititial 4BTA observation on first test drive.

I also mentioned that my 4BTA is smoke free, compared to the 4BT it replaced (perhaps not the best condition engine) which smoked profusely.

I bet that IF I turned the fuel up on the 4BTA, it would make as much, if not more NOISE than the 4BT. Which I won't, I'm hoping for some worthy MPG.

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts