Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference between a Dana 60 rear and a Dana 61 rear? I just realized that i though i had dana 60 and i am in the middle of shortening it but it turned out to be a Dana 61. I just want make sure that i don't have to get anything special for it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Does anyone know what the difference between a Dana 60 rear and a Dana 61 rear? I just realized that i though i had dana 60 and i am in the middle of shortening it but it turned out to be a Dana 61. I just want make sure that i don't have to get anything special for it.
The pinion spacing is different to accomodate taller gearing. You can use a spacer to fit normal D60 gears.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On average how much does a Dana 60 rear Weight? And whats the best way to Weight the axle?

·
Registered
169 Posts
On average how much does a Dana 60 rear Weight? And whats the best way to Weight the axle?
Well it depends on if it come out from a SRW or a DRW. Also if it's a D60U, a D60A, or a D70,---looks just like the D60 from the outside. Why do you need to know, trying to hit a target weight????:dustin:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is a srw dana 61. and so i can tell the shipping company.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
it is a srw dana 61. and so i can tell the shipping company.
Most major freight companies rates run from 1 to the first 1,000 pounds at the same rate unless things have changed in the last few years. All "bill of lading" forms are subject to correction by the freight company. Think I would just mark the bill of lading 350 and tell the driver the weight is estimated.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Most major freight companies rates run from 1 to the first 1,000 pounds at the same rate unless things have changed in the last few years. All "bill of lading" forms are subject to correction by the freight company. Think I would just mark the bill of lading 350 and tell the driver the weight is estimated.
I had a guy tell me that if I was to put an odd number, like 352 lbs., then most companies will not take the time to weigh it. Which saves a ton on shipping. Also if you are able to take it to the dock and ship it to a dock for will-call you can save alot of handling fees. Worked for me when I bought 950 pounds of parts from the mid-west. I put 951 LBS on the bill of lading and it was never checked. Good thing to because it was 1075 LBS when I got it home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts