Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Looking at the engine pic, I see that you have the fluid motor mounts. How's the vibration in the truck?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
its really not bad when running, fells about like my 6cyl ones. i do plan on adding a fluidamper down the road, also will check idle speed w laser tach once its all back together. it feels like it idles a lil low.

do you have the solid mounts on yours?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got new rad mounted along with intercooler. Upper and lower are still not ideal, couldn’t find right bends and sizes. Ended up with a 90deg elbow on lower and just a coupler and reducer on the upper. The non removable sections were done with gates power grip clamps.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Rolling right along...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hydroboost is on and plumbed. Re using the janky homemade brake lines for now. Just cut off and swapped fittings at master and bubble flared. Not pictured but there is a p/s cooler plumbed in now behind the grill.

Removed exhaust to knock out a freeze plug to add heater...and now will be making new downpipe. Noticed soot on the v band clamp, was hoping just a porous weld. Ended up being wrong size v band and what looks like burnt silicone.

Also made a new turbo oil feed line. Old was was 4ft long and kinked

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got exhaust done and mounted, 4in downpipe reduced down to 3in the rest of the way to a 5in tip. Spent $45 on a walker tailpipe kit and $25 for a muffler, the rest is repurposed. Was straight pipe dumped under the bed before this. Hope it sounds decent!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts