Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new here. I'm interested in doing two swaps in work vehicles, both of which will need an engine soon anyway. One is a 1981 GMC 3500 2wd dually 5.7/manual and the other is a 1992 GMC Vandura G300 5.7/4L80 box van. I'd love to look at a conversion or two (particularly GM truck chassis) and talk a bit. I'll buy the :beer:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ft. Collins, CO

How's it goin fellow Coloradoan.. I've been runnin a 1992 Toyota Landcruiser w/ 4BT 700r4 for about 6 months now... I'm down for a Colorado get together

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May be a get together of two, but I'm game...

Do you and your 'yota make it to Denver very often? PM me contact info if you wish...

FPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in Littleton and looking to do a swap into a 1965 Land Rover. I've got a neighbor who is in the middle of doing a 4BT swap into an early 90s Dodge Ram. He posts here as "aspoonhour". I'd love to meet some other local folks that are running a 4BT under the hood.

RW

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello from Nathrop

I'm (hopefully) in the middle of a 4bt into a 1961 Dodge town wagon power wagon. Upgrading to 4 wheel disc brakes, power steering while in the process. Using the NV4500 and NP205 as well. Planning on running WVO in a second system too. Somehow these projects morph into much more, but now is the time to do it since the truck is in pieces anyway. Maybe the Colorado group should try for a meeting this summer?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll volunteer to host. I'll buy the first few cases of beer and some burgers. Then you're on your own.:beer:

I'm in Littleton...just a few miles south of Denver.

RW

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im in! I live in Downtown but work out here in Littleton. My 4bt is being delivered as we speak!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds good i would like to get togther . My untilted 85 GMC has been done for about i think 8 months now and i have about 8000 miles on the convershion and i love my truck it is lots of fun. I will buy some beers too!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm in.. I just need a few weeks heads up to get out of work!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would be up for a M&G!:D Post the date and I'll try to be there.:beer:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm in.. I just need a few weeks heads up to get out of work!
X2! Lets do this! The first week in June? Shhheyet. Maybe mine will be done by then! bounce Anyone have any words of advice?

PS I have a few wise words to anyone considering repowering in Colo......

DONT USE PROFFITTS Cruisers!!!! Seen their exhaust work, how they modify the factory shifter. The truck I saw would not even shift down into 1st gear. Garbage work if you ask me:puke:

Soapbox off-

·
Registered
66 Posts
count me in.

I'd love to chat for a bit. Let me know when and where.

Andrew

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get together iin colorado

I live in Fort closet Colorado Just north of the city of love. I know Veggie80 and aspoonhour. I am definitly up for a get together, I could host, live north of town with a good amount of open space and good neighbors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was there an actual M&G last year?

Anyone interested in doing one this year?

I haven't bought a 4BT yet and the truck it will be going in to is still in pieces, but would love to check out some other rides/installs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts