Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a 4bt in a chevy lcf. it will only do about 55 mph. i was told i need a deustch 9 pin diagnostic plug to change the rpms, thus the mph. where can i get one and have it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
4BTs are mechanical they do not have a J1708 connector.

If in fact you installed an ISB or some other engine then you will need more that just a connector.

Your best bet is to find a shop that services heavy duty trucks and ask them to alter the programming.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
You say it will only go about 55 MPH. What RPM are you seeing on the tach? Which Allison do you have? If it's the 1000 that one has OD and you should get more road speed than 55 unless you've got a super low gear in your differential.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Well they would wire in the connector if yours is missing. Not rocket science...

Here let me spoon feed you a solution.

Cryptic posts asking for help, lacking in information will net sarcastic, mocking responses... welcome to the internet.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Goat came here in2007. You came here yesterday.

In order to get help, you need to clearly state your problem.

Given your attitude, maybe you are incapable of clearly communicating? (Using my once-a-year REAL JERK card)

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry, it is an ISB, from a 2001 bread truck with allison trans
There is a J1587 plug on the engine harness mounted on the right side of the ecm. It has a cap on it and it is two wires. Any heavy duty truck repair with Cummins insite can access the parameters and change it. You do not need to wire the J1939 9 pin connector. The J1939 is a high speed datalink, the J1587 is really slow. Good luck and nice truck. I would recommend wiring the J1939 port for future use, then you can have a repair shop access the Allison TCM if you ever have problems with the transmission. You can wire the J1939 with a 3 pin deutsch DT connector also, the Cummins inline 6 datalink has a 3 pin connector, just need a resistor backbone inserted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts