Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working on a Agco Gt55 that has a Same Deutz-Fahr engine in it. Engine is a 3.0L 3 cylinder. Engine will run for various different lengths of time then just randomly shuts off. When it does shut off it sputters and then quits like it ran out of fuel. When trying to restarting it takes for ever to get it to prime before it will restart. Doe anyone have a suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It holds fuel pressure right up until it sputters and dies. Doesn't seem to me a crack in any of the lines.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Does the engine have a solenoid shut down or mechanical? If electrical that could be the culprit or another could be a bad lift pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a mechanical shut down cable. It has 2003 stamped on the tag on the block. Would this motor have the low oil and belt tension sensors that would shut the fuel down?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It has a mechanical shut down cable. It has 2003 stamped on the tag on the block. Would this motor have the low oil and belt tension sensors that would shut the fuel down?
Low oil shutoff thru the Injector pump???? you'd have too look at the pump schematic you'd be looking for a internal valve with an oil feed ... never seen one.. sometimes you'll see a Injector pump with a weak seal lose prime out a shaft seal ( is the pump dry and clean?).. but the obvious is often the answer... something floating in the fuel tank blocking the suction line.. the Engine runs out.. starts hard because it needs to reprime and happens intermittent because the block ( like a aluminum seal from a injector cleaner bottle or a big rust flake or paint chip from the inside of the tank.. ) moves around as fule circulates and the machine moves

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel tank vent plugged? Like Some old guy said, debris in tank is a common problem, once had a half a sunflower seed choking out a 349 Cat excavator randomly all summer, finally got the ok to clean the tank and found it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had this very same trouble with my Land Cruiser had me stumped till I opened the tank fuel cap and discovered a large vacuum sound....engine started straight up, collapsed vent line was the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts