Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
I'm hosting this years Diesel Confab, the first one was 32 years ago!

It's a weekend get together of Diesel enthusiast, focusing on conversions and diesel engine swaps in any sort of vehicle or equipment. We welcome all diesel conversions and diesel conversion enthusiast; bring your project(s) if you can, or come anyway if you can't, it'll be a great time!

This show is exactly what the 4BTSwaps forum is all about, there is no better show for our forum users than the Diesel Confab!
Come meet some of your forum buddies, have some fun, and might even learn a few things too.

Please RSVP by email (by June 25th) so we can plan for meals. If you don't RSVP you're just as welcome but may find yourself feeling hungry by the end of the day....
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I'd love to attend one of these. Maybe one year if I ever get the chance to do a cross country tour.

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grigg
Good to see that the Confab is returning to Va. where it started( on the east coast ) 32 years ago. Count me in!
Rick
Thanks Rick, looking forward to it,

Grigg

·
Registered
339 Posts
That sounds great I would realy like to bethere depends on the fuel prices.I like to see all the other converted members with imagenation. better than going to a big car show.

Dale

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Good deal Grigg:) I was at the one in 1980! Are you planning on getting your own rig ready for this?
GW

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Grigg always has his rig ready,or some semblance thereof . At the confab in Middleburg,Pa.,hosted by Byron Hassinger about 4-5 years ago ,I got to ride on the buckboard seat on Grigg's truck as it was drivable,not exactly highway legal . We also had a tune-up demonstration on Grigg's truck by Grigg and Todd Estes . Ready is a state of mind in the hobby ,as a rolling chassis better shows what and how something was done,not the glitz and glitter of stainless,chrome ,7-8" exhaust stacks etc. Most have given up on car shows with the old farts setting in their lawn chairs guarding their 20000 dollar paint jobs that they didn't do themselves ! There's 2 videos Grigg has posted several years ago,one near his dad's property where he comes barreling out of the woods,the other at Winchester,Va. running down the state highway. They show what Grigg is about ,and promotes the hobby !

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh man i'd love to see a tune up demo'd.
A Detroit tune-up class/demo is on the list for Saturday.
I'll have a few engines sitting around easy to get to/work on.

Grigg

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
From first post in thread
Please RSVP by email (by June 25th) so we can plan for meals. If you don't RSVP you're just as welcome but may find yourself feeling hungry by the end of the day....
[email protected]
I will be there. Not sure I'll have my dually done but will be there.
I ask that everyone please RSVP by email by June 25th if you're coming so I can keep a count and try to have enough food on hand.
We do also appreciate the heads up on the forums but it'd be a nightmare if I had to scour the forums trying to come up with a (probably unreliable) head count of folks that say "I'll be there".

Grigg

·
Premium Member
387 Posts

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
4 Months away!
Put it on your calendar and send your RSVP to [email protected]

Grigg

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good plan,
But be sure to come even if the trucks not done... mine won't be either.

Grigg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ill be trying to make it down there if possible. Bringing the project probably won't be an option most likely due to the fact of not being able to complete it by then and making it across borders. Its only 3500km away but that sounds like one hell of a road trip if possible. If not this year, next year for sure!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts