Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year's Confab is in Walton Ontario in just a few weeks, July 12-14.
If you're planning to attend (I recommend it) you should call the host Ken and Betty and let them know you'll be there and when.

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y'all have a good time, wish I could have made it this year.

Grigg

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That highly modified 6V53 is really sad. So much for a $15000 blower, it makes less power than a factory N engine. :(
Thanks for the images though :) I really like that twin 6-71 power unit!!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Darryn------Thanks for posting some good pictures for a good overview of the confab . The Whipple charger probably wasn't worth the investment............but time will tell as this was the first test .The engine is a new silver with turbo removed, so it's readings are about what a naturally aspirated engine should produce torque-wise . I don't know what size the injectors were . This is at least the 3rd time that Ken and Betty Glanville have hosted the group, Ken's a John Deere collector and besides the Kinze kitted 5010, he has a 435, a 445 [Brazilian or Argentina built narrow guage tractor], plus an 8020 that I know of . In the yard there was lots of Ken's stuff to see, primarily Chev or GMC vehicles and John Deere tractors or machinery . Ken is quite a historian on machinery and vehicles, more so than one of his guests who was the JD dealer he bought from.
Gotta correct one comment on the picture of Darryn and me..........15 years as a sales and application rep for the Ohio distributer---------1972 through 1986. I received the "Monkey Wrench" award for 30 plus years of support to the confab .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts