Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a preliminary heads-up for those folks who need to plan ahead. This years 34th Diesel Confab gathering will be held July 11-12-13 in Schenectady, New York. I will up-date this thread as we progress, and more details as they become available. Hope to see y'all there!

Rick

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
Are their any updates?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be sending out flyers to everyone who is on the list from past events shortly. Anyone who has not yet attended a Confab, can PM me here. If you are looking for a motel, and would like a more rural setting search in Schoharie or Cobleskill. For those who will be camping try Frosty Acres in Duanesburg. So far we have a pig roast scheduled for Saturday eve.

Rick

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
For those of us who dont know, what is confab?
Basically a gathering of like minded souls talking about and showing their creations, in this case Diesel conversions:)

·
3,761 Posts
Rick, you should have access to the current address list in Google Drive, if not let me know.

If anyone doesn't think they're on the list and would like to be send an email to [email protected] with your necessary contact info (mailing, email, phone) and I can add you to the list for the coming years. And or if you attend this year's event they'll get your info and can add you to the list then.
The way it works is simple. Prior to a Confab (about once a year) you'll get an email or mailed paper flier or even a phone call explaining details and how to RSVP for the coming Diesel Confab. Info about coming Confabs will also be posted here on 4BTswaps.

Grigg

·
3,761 Posts
I got an email invite yesterday, the basics are as follows

ADIRONDACK DIESEL CONFAB
JULY 11-12-13 2014
Schenectady, New York,
Please RSVP by July 1 if you plan on attending
Rick ([email protected])
Shelli ([email protected])
I assume Rick will post the whole flier when he gets a chance. No doubt he's been busy working on the invite and mailing them to those without email.

Grigg

·
3,761 Posts
ADIRONDACK DIESEL CONFAB
JULY 11-12-13 2014

This years 34th annual Diesel Confab will be held in Schenectady, New York, at the home of Rick & Shelli Phillips

LOCATION- 1885 Giffords Church Road, Schenectady, New York, 12306

Schedule
Friday- early registration
socializing
pizza & wings
Saturday- registration
12:00 lunch
showtime (all day)
swap & sell area
6:00 pig roast
Sunday- breakfast
socializing & goodbye's

Please RSVP by July 1 if you plan on attending
Rick 518-847-9825 ([email protected])
Shelli 518-630-8576 ([email protected])

There are motels in Schoharie, and Cobleskill if you prefer a more rural area.
Albany or Schenectady if you don't mind the city.

Local campsights are-
Frosty Acres in Duanesburg
Thompsons Lake State Park

If you have any parts or other items for sale or trade, bring-em along
Also if you have any items to donate for the give-away drawing after the pig roast.
If your dog travels with you, they are welcome. We only ask that they are leashed due to our farm animals.​

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would also suggest trying the Super 8 Schenectady motel, as a few folks who are attending are staying there.(actually in Rotterdam, not Schenectady) It's close, and the rates seem pretty reasonable. The phone # is- 518-355-2190.

Rick

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Bucket List Trip

I am driving it to the Diesel Confab in Schenectady, NY. About 2,500 miles from here. I intend to see the truck museum at the Iowa80 truck stop on my way out. My return trip will go thru areas that I have not seen before. It will be my longest solo trip - and at nearly 70 years old - maybe my last long solo trip ;) .
Driver side 2014 05 09.JPG
1986 Ford F150, 4BT powered, 1952 Bell Telephone System service bed

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The attendance list is growing every day! If you are planning on heading this way, don't forget to let us know by July 1. Also, don't think that you need a diesel conversion to join in. If you are planning on doing a re-power, here is a chance to chat with a group of folks that have as they say "been there-done that" (Byron Hassinger has done over 50 re-powers). Looking forward to seeing y'all here!

Rick

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Short answer is any where from say 50 to 100. Not all bring their rigs, but there is usually a pretty broad spectrum of different engines/body styles/intended use (DD - work - show - utility - etc.).

Rick

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My son & I are leaving in the morning. With a little luck, we should be there 3,000 miles later. We have a couple of side trips planned.

I started this project with a $1,000 CraigsList "find". It occasionally gives me a surprise. I did a pre-trip this afternoon - found a nail in a tire - fortunately, the tire shop was still open.

·
3,761 Posts
Safe travels and see you there.

I'll be leaving Thursday afternoon, make a stop on the way and get there Friday mid day or so.

Planning to bring my Dad's 6BT powered 05 F250 with my Diesel powered Ice cream maker and fixings for 4 gallons of ice cream.

Grigg

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Safe trip guys and don't forget some pictures:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Long term forecast is low of 60 f and high of 83 f for friday and saturday, with a chance of rain starting at noon sunday. The pool is open, so if you might like to cool off bring swimwear. Everyone travel safely, and we will see you towards the end of the week!

Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Attended and enjoyed Saw some fine examples of our hobby, The two strokes were well represented Now I got a jones on to mine going ! Oh ya and I got to meet and talk to some pretty cool people Thanks

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Pictures anyone?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts