Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
As soon as Grigg or I know - you folks will.

Rick

Well, the closer to the midwest the better!! I'm really going to try and make it next year. I think I would be like a kid in a candy store with all the cool diesel powered stuff around.

Jason

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just wanted to echo everyone's comments about the confab. Real big thanks to Rick and Shelli for all the work they put into hosting this event, and opening up their home to everyone and making it a huge success. Great to see the kids taking part too.

Really enjoyed seeing familiar faces, and meeting new people that I only knew of through the forum.

The weather was ideal, food was great and all the "brag racing" made it a perfect weekend.

Made the 800 mile round trip listening to Detroit music. Kinda forgot how hilly NY state is, sometimes had to drop a gear or two and just let 'er howl. People following might not have been too happy - " don't worry it's not on fire!"

Thanks again, and we'll see you next year.

Terry

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Back in Arizona

Matt (my 37 year old son) and I got arrived yesterday. We want to echo all the comments about Rick, Shelli and family's hospitality. It was wonderful to meet folks that "names on the internet".

We got to visit family and friends along the way. Even saw Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and take the DUKW (WW II amphibious vehicle) tour of Philly. We drove across Texas the long way (I-20 & I-10) - Probably will NEVER do that again...

We drove 6,000 miles plus, most of it within 4 MPH of the posted speed limit. We averaged over 25 MPG on the AZ, NM, CO, NE, IA leg. Most of this was driven with 75 MPH speed limits. Then stopped keeping records - this was a vacation after all. I "suspect" that the fuel economy was better back east - lower speed limits (50 MPH thru rural VT) - lower altitude - flatter hills.

Russ

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This was the first confab that I attended and I must say that it was a fantastic show and a great time! Lots of great people and interesting trucks to talk about and look at! Thanks again to Rick & Shelli for making the show possible!!!

I was pretty busy talking and not focused enough on taking pictures, so I only have about half of the rigs photographed, some new and some old school;

Bob Curtis' modified Cummins pickup:

Russ McLean's 4BT repower:

Grigg Mullen's fathers' Cummins conversion:

Mack B-61 on a 1 ton Dodge chassis:

Chris

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wayne Yarter's 4-53T Ford 4x4:

Jim Clarke's 3-53T Chevy stepside:

Mack motorhome:

4BT ford:

Bill Saunders' 4-53T restored Chevy

Chris

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
Excellent pictures of the whole event, not just what's under the hood.

Russ, do you think Matt would let me add the pictures he took of the ice cream maker to my picassa folder? He did an excellent job documenting the whole process which I've not yet managed to do.

Thanks again,
Grigg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Grigg,

It is difficult to make ice cream and take pictures at the same time....

Short answer is: YES I did confirm the usage of these pictures, with Matt, before posting the link.

Russ

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chris and Russ, great job with the pictures. And a belated thanks to Rick and Shelli for hosting the event. The old Dodge knocked down 23.3 MPG (hand calculated) for the trip, with an average speed of 59.5 MPH. Imagine what it could do if I switched the 3.73 gears to the 3.42's that the new trucks use.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't believe I missed this . . . What a dope I am.

Thanks for the pictures!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts