Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a dipstick for measuring the engine oil level. my engine didn't come with anything. Do I just get it from Cummins?
I assume auto parts stores won't have anything? Dodge dealer?

I think I want it on the left side next to the starter(dodge nv4500)? there is a little plug there i think I can remove for this purpose?

When filling the oil i would assume it just goes in the valve cover where the removable cap is. What if anything goes in the timing cover? Does this need engine oil? gear oil? Air?:rasta:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I need a dipstick for measuring the engine oil level. my engine didn't come with anything. Do I just get it from Cummins?
I assume auto parts stores won't have anything? Dodge dealer?

I think I want it on the left side next to the starter(dodge nv4500)? there is a little plug there i think I can remove for this purpose?

When filling the oil i would assume it just goes in the valve cover where the removable cap is. What if anything goes in the timing cover? Does this need engine oil? gear oil? Air?:rasta:
The oil stick can be brought from Cummins,ebay ,ect

There are different sticks for front ,rear or no sump pans , make sure you get the right one.

The engine oil ,Some of the valve covers have a oil cap and some don't some have the oil fill tube in the front timing cover.The oil goes to the same place ( the oil pan ) .Just 15/40 engine oil .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts