Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spam is increasing. To the best of my knowledge, we have three long -term volunteers (who are deeply appreciated) - one Super Moderator and two Administrators. As near as I can tell, the entire work load falls on the 3 individuals.

A few years ago, 4btswaps was sold. I was a paying member at that point. I began to see advertising promoting scams. I took a long vacation from this site.

Eventually, I googled for some 4bt information and found it in a post by me. Came back, but, now "monitoring-the-situation"

·
Administrator
4,159 Posts
I just did a ban 3 minutes ago for keto sales. This is the 3rd in 3 days. It isn't going to end soon...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
For what it's worth within this same period of time of the spam increase here and on other sites I have also noticed a dramatic increase in robocalls.....Might well just be a sign of the times :(

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did a ban 3 minutes ago for keto sales. This is the 3rd in 3 days. It isn't going to end soon...
Bob, Thank you!!!!

Is there any possibility that owners (i.e. the folks that currently have a "We've Updated!" pop-up window in the bottom corner of my screen) can make your load lighter? Specifically, software that reject any post containing an external link until you have 10 valid posts on 4btswaps.

Thank you again!, Russ

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
379 Posts
I belong to a bunch of sites & am not seeing an increase or any elsewhere. Just here. Hope it helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts