Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
I used the same internal VR on my 91.5 w250, installed it 2 years ago. I've gone through 2 of the external VR, the last
on a "premium" one from napa. I'll take the internal VR any day. I left the wiring on the truck for the external VR in case the internal one fails and need a quick fix.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
@GLTHFJ60 thanks so much for updating this thread which then brought it to my attention under the "NEW" icon.
I haven't been happy with my 91.5 W350 external VR either. It charged great when it was new, but over the years it seemed the alternator put out less and less amperage. After reading @BobS 's post and seeing your pictures, I'm going to install one like @scout4bta while it is parked for the winter. I'll post back later with a report.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I used the same internal VR on my 91.5 w250, installed it 2 years ago. I've gone through 2 of the external VR, the last
on a "premium" one from napa. I'll take the internal VR any day. I left the wiring on the truck for the external VR in case the internal one fails and need a quick fix.
Smart idea for a quick fix in a pinch.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts