Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Does anyone have any pics of a second gen cummins intercooler installed without the grill on?

2. Any pics of there modified lights or what did they do about the lights?

3. Any pics of there tubing before the rad or rad shroud was installed?

I am just tring to finish up my front and get the ic and rad in. I am just wondering what there lights look like and there tubing looks like.

From what I am looking at I have to trim the very out adjustment bolt holder on the lights so the lights clear.

Also where the ic tubes come in it looks like I have to modify the very front fender well so the tubes clear on both sides.

Anyone know?

thanks joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have custom IC under the bumper, I could not fit any IC in front of radiator because AC condenser and oil coolers.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thats why I don't use the 2nd dodge IC and Gm rad.I use the 99 P/S and trim off the bottom 3 rowes and weld up with a made up rad .The intercooler fits with very little work.

The IC will be right behind the grill.

I don't have the pics any more they were lost in the old P/C crash.

Scott

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Around here finding someone to weld aluminum is very hard. Also it is not common:( . Thanks guys for the imput. If aluminum welders were easy to find around here then maybe I would of went that way;)

·
Registered
915 Posts
There are pics of my truck in this thread. Not sure what year you are wanting, but I used the parts you are talking about, but turned the IC upside down. I also cut 5 rows off the bottom and had to modify the center core support brace. Basically, the intercooler serves as the brace now.

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could of flipped it around but the other way it is way to long to fit between the lights.

Here is some pics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts