Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on here suggested that if you were to buy from dovebid to contact the on site mechanic to get more detailed information, but the lady I talked to from frito lay said that they are really not suposed to release their number. How do I get in contact with them?

Thanx

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't really just drive over there. Where on the page did you find this contact info?

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Hit the phone book or web, do a search for the Frito Lay yard in the city where listing is for. If it's like the ones here, you'll get a voice answering system that gives an option to talk to the vehicle maintenance dept or such.. Hit that option.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Just looked over the status of things... They're going pretty cheap this time. One in GA that was a non-runner went for less than scrap price.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Just looked over the status of things... They're going pretty cheap this time. One in GA that was a non-runner went for less than scrap price.
That always happens when I'm broke!

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Don't feel too bad.. The later ones sure started to make up for it. One that "runs fair" in TX went for over $2K..

·
Registered
169 Posts
If your not afraid to drive you can get one from the east coast way cheaper than one from this area. It seams the closer to the west coast the more it's going to cost. I bought mine from a chip company in Chicago and it was a 1994 with 123K on it. The best thing is the guy at that location sent me all the records on it and even steered me away from the one I wanted to the one I bought because it was a better runner. I pulled back on a trailer from Chicago to Colorado. All said and done I have $2100.00 in to it if I count the fuel to get it.

The hardest past was pulling a 12,000 pound, 12.5 foot load across the flats NE and northern CO, the wind had alot of fun with my Dodge Diesel.

I can get you the guys phone number if you want it. He sells the trucks off as they reach 125K or 15years. I asked him why and he said the company set a mile and year limit for all vehicles. This was no matter the condition.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll wait but thank you though. I talked to the lady at Frito Lay and she said there were a few coming up less than a 100 miles from here next month.

I was trying to get info on the ones on dovebid for yesterday's sale. I meant to do it earlier but I've been so busy. Either way, they were to far away for the price that I want to spend.

Thanx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts