Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how too make this all work with a gm pedal or if theres a way too just use a cable the truck has the electric control know but i doubt that they will work together but maybee they will. Any input is appreciated

· Registered
225 Posts
There's 3 rough standards for different generations of throttle position sensors. Cummins is rather standard because they are used in commercial apps so using the same protocol as Navistar or Detroit is critical for builders.

I don't know what a GM pedal would use. Commonrail Cummins is a double redundant variable resistor. Many TPS's use an idle switch.

A check with an ohmeter should lay it out for you.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There's 3 rough standards for different generations of throttle position sensors. Cummins is rather standard because they are used in commercial apps so using the same protocol as Navistar or Detroit is critical for builders.

I don't know what a GM pedal would use. Commonrail Cummins is a double redundant variable resistor. Many TPS's use an idle switch.

A check with an ohmeter should lay it out for you.
So i would check the ohms on the 2 parts and see if they match?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.