Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend i dropped the 4bt in just to make sure everything clears and get some measurements for the motor mounts witch are being a pain in my @$$:happyfinger: i think i am going to have to notch the front cross member but dont want to, the other problem i am having is this clearance of the firewall and exhaust i am going to notch the firewall this week and get all my power steering and brakes connected I am hoping to be done with it before end of october.

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
just as an aside, make sure the threads are good in the bellhousing bolt holes, and the starter bolts. it is hard to helicoil the starter bolts in the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I believe those particular parts are sourced from China...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am so much into working on the truck and doing homework kinda that i havnt been able to do much of a build up thread either here nor classic broncos when the project is over i will make a thread a share all my photos:beer:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Most EB's on the road are so far from stock anyway it's pretty pointless to worry about notching the firewall a bit.

How many non-lifted, uncut, 3 speed, straight six, drum brake EB's have you guys seen on the road? That's what most of them were to begin with.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I understand your point, I was just looking at that paint and the moving blanket on the core support and personally would cringe at having to cut and weld body work after the "body work portion of the build" is already done. Someday I hope to have my EB look that good!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with avoiding the firewall cut. That is a cherry looking EB. My EB is wasting away in the yard.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
How many non-lifted, uncut, 3 speed, straight six, drum brake EB's have you guys seen on the road?
I know where it's sitting.

Original owner, original paint, garage kept. Only driven on the occasional summer weekend by a little old lady between East TN and North Carolina.... At something that seemed to be just under the speed of sound. "It's OK.. I still had 2 wheels on the ground on that last curve..."

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most EB's on the road are so far from stock anyway it's pretty pointless to worry about notching the firewall a bit.

How many non-lifted, uncut, 3 speed, straight six, drum brake EB's have you guys seen on the road? That's what most of them were to begin with.
thats true i bout my bronco off the original owner when i was 15 and built it to what it looks like today now i am 17 and doing the 4bt swap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts