·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,618 Posts
You sure know how to abuse the front end on that Ford bounce Yea! Don't you just love tons low end torque.
For answers to all your DT466 question, go to Binder Bulletin

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Gotta love the whole thing!
I've asked questions on BB about 466's, and 95% of the performance questions ended with "better left stock, or very little mods". I converged over to Diesel Garage for my problems, but mostly help others with their problems. That's part of why I made the Low Buck site that's in my sig.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Factory rating is 195hp in the bus it came out of. His plan is to be over 400hp, but not sure exactly how high since 400hp would put it at about 1150 tq. Doubt the Ford will like that very much.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I took a few shots of a DT 466 in a Ford that's used for truck pulling that might be of interest here....

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one in the 74, he found it on ebay from a bus, and just last week got an Allison 1000 for it. Mods will be small until it's road worthy.

Mine is an Allison AT545, I dont have an engine yet, there seems to be a ton of em still on the road. My mods will hopefully get me into the 11's in the qtr mile.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, I see now. In his 74, he's boxing the frame, and going with some different springs one the final weight of everything is in. His has been pretty hairy. I saw where the new firewall is going, or I guess you could call it a new cup holder.
My 99 has a lot more room, and only needs minimal firewall chopping. If I had to do another DT360, or 466 swap, it would only be in a Super Duty. There's lots of trucks that would make cool swap donors, but not with this much room under the hood. My frame is already boxed too. I like to call it the "Ultimate Super Duty", may start doing some more swaps if it goes well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cool project!

Gray wolf,...thanks for posting those pic's,.....I just bought a wrecked 2005 Int. 7400 with a DT 570 and only 16,000 miles.
Not sure what i'm going to do with yet,.....Who knows, my ol' cummins power ford might have that "DT" sound someday.

Keep us posted:hillbilly:

·
Registered
269 Posts
The DT in the pulling truck is a local business owner in Washington, PA. A place called Hog Fathers BBQ, the best pulled pork I have ever had. I have seen this truck run on several occasions, but I have never seen it run to its full potental the last pull I saw was Avella, The engine builder was actually driving, you may know the name Lustic(the people behind the silver bullet pulling tractors) at 1/2 track I think the aftercooler gave it up with a loud pop. This truck is amaizing to whatch as he spools up and lets her breath can't waite till they get out all the bugs and she goes all 300 feet and more. The DT has potential beyond stock to be a very reliable high reving goobs of torq engine, just ask any of the local tractor guys that build these engines for pulling.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I took a few shots of a DT 466 in a Ford that's used for truck pulling that might be of interest here....
Hog Fathers BBQ Washington, PA Best Pulled Pork I have ever had.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I know of an alcohol injected 466 base engine making over 3000HP. Another puller told me he saw the datalogs on the engine and he comes out of the hole at 9200RPM and 110lb of boost. Of course it has a custom billet head and custom rotating assembly at 600+ inches. You can see it in action on the net if you search for "Texas Bullwhip".

The DT in the pulling truck is a local business owner in Washington, PA. A place called Hog Fathers BBQ, the best pulled pork I have ever had. I have seen this truck run on several occasions, but I have never seen it run to its full potental the last pull I saw was Avella, The engine builder was actually driving, you may know the name Lustic(the people behind the silver bullet pulling tractors) at 1/2 track I think the aftercooler gave it up with a loud pop. This truck is amaizing to whatch as he spools up and lets her breath can't waite till they get out all the bugs and she goes all 300 feet and more. The DT has potential beyond stock to be a very reliable high reving goobs of torq engine, just ask any of the local tractor guys that build these engines for pulling.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Update

As of this past winter the owner of this truck was contemplating dissmanteling it and trying something w? a 7.3l PS. They can't keep this engine together, It has brooken at least one of everything you can think of!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never really did anything with it. Sold it about a year ago. The flywheel and adapter can cost a couple thousand. Keep an eye out for an RTO610 if you want a good manual that'll fit in the framerails. It'll bolt up to the 466's SAE#2 bellhousing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts