Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an International DTA360 for a truck swap project. It has a Bosch A pump, model PES6A95D320RS2779, code 0 400 846 580. According to the tag, the current fuel setting is 82 CCs at 190 hp. According to the local pump shop, the maximum fuel setting is 86 CCs, so I can only turn it up about 10 hp.

California DTA360 engines had MW pumps. Does anyone have the model or code number for one of those pumps so I can find the max fuel spec?

Most of the build threads I read either are shooting for 400-650 hp and swap to a P pump or put bigger plungers in the A pump. But I'm just looking for 300 hp at this point, so about 130 CCs.

Dean

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
The problem with the A pump is the smaller plungers. There are aftermarket upgrades. Fair Valley Performance modifies those pumps. Their starting A pump flows 450 cc and have models up to 900 cc. Not a clue how expensive that work is. Here's the link to their site. http://www.fvpdiesel.com/truck-and-tractor-pulling/pulling-injection-pumps/ There was a company offering just larger plunger kits but I can't remember who it was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, char1355. There are a several shops that will up the capacity of A pumps. 450 cc is a whole lot more than I need, especially if there is a cheaper alternative. International used some version of MW pump on DT466 engines up to at least 270 hp, but those pumps run the opposite direction.

Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts