Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. Anybody out there due a 75 to 91 Econolne Cummins swap?? I've got a 91 460 with a 4x4 pathfinder conversion.Gutless 460, really need 5.9 cummins for power and mileage!!

·
Hangs Out With Dogs
2,588 Posts
Welcome LHF. The six is a big sucker to fit in a van. Probably take some cutting and pasting.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The six is a big sucker to fit in a van. Probably take some cutting and pasting.
i guess it would be even harder in a 4wd... maybe would require a lot of work even in the doghouse...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks guys for the info.I looked on u-tube and found FordCummins did a newer one.I'll have to call them. And get this,I took some rough measurements. The 460 and 6tb are very close in size!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting my numbers right before i jump in and find the right parts. As soon as summer is over, I'll be all over it!!

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I've looked into doing it into a B-Series Dodge van, it'll take a bit of cutting and fabbing, mainly to properly clear the dash, more than anything.
The Dodge has a very adaptable tranny crossmember support, so even sticking an NV4500 in there looks doable.
I even have the hydro brackets to do it, just not so sure it's practical.
Of course, I could build it as a Trans-Van, ala '70s Custom style.
A Van with a Dodge Truck dually bed might be neat...

Mark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts