Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cummins 4BTA 250 hp in my boat. getting to the mechanical lift pump is next to impossible and I was wondering if anyone here has eliminated the mechanical lift pump and gone all electric. If so what pressure and flow would you need on a 250 hp engine? Any pump suggestions?Going electric would also help eliminate connections as possible air leaks in some hard to get to spots! Pic attached of current lift pump on engine.

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
395 Posts
You need a 95gph & min of 28psi. Not a fan of the electric pumps but I hear you on getting to things in a boat.
I would recommend going with a FASS system then. Stay away from AirDog ( too many bad reviews/problems ).
You would be looking at a 1994-1998 Dodge Cummins system, as they don't make one specially for a 4bt.

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
Those mechanical piston lift pumps on the P7100 engines were very reliable. Getting to where it is in a marine engine probably is a pain. Is yours showing signs of failure? Sometimes the prefilter screen on the lift pump becomes clogged and reduces pump efficiency.

·
Vendor
2,650 Posts
Can you run the piston type on the block instead of IP? May be easier to access.

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
Red, this is a 4bt with the P7100 injection pump. The lift pump is in the standard location but it's kind of burred under hoses and a pain to get at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts