Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
It depends on what he is looking for. So far I have gotten sources for the kind that car dealerships use, some similar to the gel-type "Powerstroke", and billet aluminum ones.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I know a fella that offers repro emblems for Power Wagons and he has a good reputation in that community. I've corresponded with him and his wife and they seem like nice folks. I can hook you up and maybe you could work out an amicable agreement. From what I can tell he does quality stuff.

Also there is a large community of guys that do home foundry work, and some are semi-professional in that. Mostly aluminum, but many do brass, bronze, alloys and a few do iron and steel. Some do sand casting in green sand, some do lost foam. Permanent molds are quite expensive but a possibility for a very large run.

In the home foundry stuff you could probably get the raw castings and grind/polish the flash, then have them chromed by a shop. Chrome plating isn't getting any cheaper, by the way.

You can PM me, or if you prefer I can post some contacts here if you're interested.

JimmieD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts