Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a line on a set of P30 eng mounts but they were sold out from under me...... So what is the best mounts to put in there and where can I find a pair? The mounts that I have now are about 1" thick rubber and if this little diesel is gonna shake like you guys say, I think an upgrade is in order before I fab the engine mounts for my Scout. -Wingnut

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I'm dragging this one up again because I still need mounts... and I see I'm not the only one if you take a look at the classifieds. What mounts are people running and how do you like them? I need to set my engine in the frame soon and I have nothing to mount it with! -wingnut

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you cant find anything else easy, order a set for a 91 dodge truck, 6bt from your local advance auto. Not as nice as fluid mounts, but they will work fine, and are easy to come by. Just fab your own brackets if you dont have any.

·
Registered
22 Posts
motor mounts...

If you can't find the OEM liquid mounts...look for a set of aftermarket Liquid mounts from a Mercedes Benz 86 - 96 300D or 300SD...will fit into the application with near similar weights..cost about $40 each or less.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Can you post a pic of these Benz mounts? Thanks...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can you post a pic of these Benz mounts? Thanks...
Yea, me too. I wanna see them!
I have not heard about these yet. I want liquid filled and I can live with that price.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bob,
How about the part # for those Ford mounts. The application would be nice also. Are yours factory Ford or aftermarket?

CT-CUMMINS-BLAZER,
I tried the auto local parts store. They don't have the SD300 mounts. They have #s but not available. Who has them?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are these the Ford ones? I maybe assume so saying everything else on the Winnebago was...

Also just a thought, maybe not a great one but still a thought; Has anybody used a gas shock to help dampen engine movement. It just crossed my mind and is used on higher performance front wheel drive cars to prevent engine lash, maybe something like a truck shock could take away some of the idle vibration...

·
Registered
13 Posts
shock mount on top of motor

Yes, my friend put a 4bt in a ford ranger and he reused the small shock that ford had on the gas engine. It did make a differance with vibration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts