Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good engine swap for my 2000 ford expidition? it a 4x4.
It was a repairable when I fixed it, and now its got 95000 miles and I'm sick of the milage its getting. Would a cumins 4bta be enough power with the ford auto? I've got some of the info from fordcummins.com. on the 6cyl swap in the pickups. I've done engine swaps in farm grain trucks. and Yes I know it alot of micky mouse stuff.
Any great Ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What would be a good engine swap for my 2000 ford expidition? it a 4x4.
It was a repairable when I fixed it, and now its got 95000 miles and I'm sick of the milage its getting. Would a cumins 4bta be enough power with the ford auto? I've got some of the info from fordcummins.com. on the 6cyl swap in the pickups. I've done engine swaps in farm grain trucks. and Yes I know it alot of micky mouse stuff.
Any great Ideas?
Thanks.

I just traded my 2000 EB Expy for a 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4 door. Mine also had 95000 miles. I was sick of the milage, worrying about the rain, the mpg, transfer case was leaking so I just traded it in for my wife a wrangler. I love the Jeep man. I want one of my own.

Either way Im going to say I think the 4bt will move the expy good!! There is a guy on here who put one in an older suburban. Im sure he will chime in.

Good Luck :grinpimp:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts