Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the EPA sticker look like and where is it located? What info does it have on it? In looking for an engine I do not want to wind up with something I cant use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Located on the front gear drive cover is the best way to explain. See attached pics.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mine is long gone too. I see where the rivets were but the tag isn't there. Currently I don't need one where I live since I don't have to be emission tested yet. I sure would like to "find" a tag (hint - hint).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Mine is long gone too. I see where the rivets were but the tag isn't there. Currently I don't need one where I live since I don't have to be emission tested yet. I sure would like to "find" a tag (hint - hint).
hopefully the same here...diesels are supposed to be exempt but i haven't gone to find out if they are going to give me crap about being modified or not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pic's. That will be helpful. In the meantime I went out to a friend of mine who I knew had a 6bt from a brunt PU out behind his barn to see if it had any type of EPA sticker in that same spot. It did and while I was trying to clean it off to see what it said it came off in my hand. It was not riveted on, just glued on. There were rivet holes in the timing cover but not in the tag. Apparently on some engines (at least this 98 PU model) they are glued on. Soooooo.... I have this really neat tag now. Looks good stuck to my toolbox....for now.:D :D :D :D :

1 - 8 of 8 Posts