Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching to a hydroboost system and currently have manual steering but want power i have 36" swampers where will the power steeringpump mount on the 4bt. Also will be running 4" exhaust with a 6 inch stack is that too big wut will the EGT's be like. Once again sorry for the newbie questions just getting excited for the swap and want everything to go smooth.bounce

·
Registered
126 Posts
"...where will the power steeringpump mount ..."

The pump is integrated into the backside of the front cover, that is, it
is bolted to the cover. It is gear-driven rather than belt-driven.

The pump makes good pressure to the point where, (with proper choice
of steer gear) you will have almost no effort turning 36" Swampers. I have
35's.

I am using a Saginaw gear from a Scout II, and plan to use a #210 valve
to get back some road feel once I rebuild. Hydra-Boost brakes will take
the pressure perfectly.

You can run both components using the existing pump since is has one
of the largest mass-flow rates for that given style of pump.

Hope this helps (my keyboard died before)

Best Regards,
George

·
Registered
335 Posts
power steering pump

FYI I might have a power steering pump, bracket, and gear up for sale in a couple of weeks. I have been planing on not running power steering to save weight, and to make a clean setup for the race truck. I already sold the hydroboost on ebay though.... PM me if you might be interested...thanks :grinpimp:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Oh, and as far as where its located.... it mounts under the injection pump into the front cover, and is driven by a gear not a pully. I havent seen a 4bt without power steering, and im not sure if you have to get another front cover that has the hole for it to mount to. Maby someone else here can chime in with something else other that "its intergrated" to help ya out. Good luck man. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts