Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random thought. I have a diesel vehicle I rescued a few years back and planned to fix it up and sell.

In the intervening time the vehicle has passed that 25 year old mark where it could be imported into the USA and I still haven't found time to start on it. I came across a social media post where a user said a vehicle like this in the USA would be his dream.
I'm not in the USA, my country is RHD, but the same vehicles (Range Rovers) are available in the USA in LHD to supply parts for easy conversion and restoration or build up.

So where would you go to see if USA buyers actually existed and to see if this was going to be viable?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Bump for Dougal

LHD vehicles are legal in the USA (at least in most states). Finding the right buyer and the right import/export company is a challenge.

I have seen a few positive internet articles on this company:

I suspect that they only buy running vehicles in resalable condition.

The timing is bad, we are grinding to a halt over here. This morning, a big grocery store was totally out of bread.

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the apocalypse has really started. Toilet paper and bread is selling out worldwide. You'd think being down here in NZ it would take a while to get here. But a next-door neighbour is in self-isolation after flying back from the UK!

Timing wise I've had this thing for 6 years already. So no rush.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dougal the 25 year mark makes it very simple for most any state save for Cali and NY. cost is around $2K and about $1500 of that is shipping. There are some facebook groups dedicated to importing and selling specific models. or you can contact an importer that would be close to the seller. There is a dealer just a hour south of me that deals in only jap spec imports but also brokers annd brokers charge usally $500 or so on top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts