Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fast 4BT

We will all be anxious to see how fast Randy's Streamliner goes............Bonneville is a different form of racing, unless you've been there you'll never realize how tuff it is and yet so awesome...Don't rule anything out powered by a 4BT,,,,,,,!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
We will all be anxious to see how fast Randy's Streamliner goes............Bonneville is a different form of racing, unless you've been there you'll never realize how tuff it is and yet so awesome...Don't rule anything out powered by a 4BT,,,,,,,!!!!!
Bonneville is something else!

CD

·
Registered
292 Posts
Bonneville..... Say nothing more

·
Registered
477 Posts
'08 Bonneville is the goal for my conversion. I hope to drive it from Illinois to there to take it all in. I have never been there and want to see it! It would be great to see a 4bt streamliner make a run while I was there. Hope I can get my project done in time to make it there. Anyone else going this year?? It would be a great place for a get together!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bonneville

A quote from the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian"

said by Anthony Hopkins playing the part of Burt Munro

He arrives on the salt flats with a young Vietnam soldier, and looks around in utter disbelief of the sure vastness of it, and being so flat you can see the curvature of the earth.

“This is the world’s fastest racing course, Bonneville Salt Flats, Tooele county, Utah.” Munro says while getting out of the car.

“All my life, I’ve wanted to do something big - something bigger and better than all the other jokers. This is it: Bonneville. The place where big things happen. Do you realize, Rusty, the fastest man has ever gone on land is here? Right here, where we are now?

Malcolm Campbell did it here with Bluebird - first man to go over 300 miles an hour. And then later, his son Donald came here with Proteus. He crashed at 350 miles an hour and lived to tell the tale. John Cobb was here, first man to go over 400 miles an hour. All the great attempts - George Eyston with Thunderbolt, Micky Thompson with Challenger….”

Overcome by emotion, Munro’s eyes well with tears before he murmurs, “I’m telling you Rusty, this place is holy ground, mate. Holy ground. And I made it here.”

Just reading it makes my eyeballs sweat a bit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
fast 4BT

Been there an it is everything they say it is....to run on the Salt is nothing short of amazing... and Randy's Streamliner won't be there by itself, this will be our third year with our 4Bt and as part of the Worlds Fastest single engine Streamliner Team powered by a 6BTA is nothing short of Awesome....The history, the people, the cars, the speeds, Bonneville.....every gearhead needs to experience it.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,655 Posts
"The World's Fastest Indian"

That is a great movie!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Golden Hawk

This an old post I know but since I just came from the Langley Good times cruise in, a car show held in the city attracting about 1500 cars annually(and coincidentally my home town,the Friday night parade to the drive-in goes past my house) I felt it necessary to share the up close and personal look I got at the Golden Hawk (a local car by the way) with the rest of you.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
more Hawk

The second picture is them stating the fastest diesel in their class is the JCB Dieselmax (when it still ran in that class) at 317mph, while he Hawk has been trailing behind with 310mph but the theoretical limit for the car is 330mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Very VERY cool I love Bonneville.
I saw on u tube a 700hp 4bt in a mud drag car it was a fiberglass bodied 32 roadster IIRC. Just another example of the power potential.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts