Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
427 Posts
in tx you dont need a heater for the fuel and use the fuel filter with the drain in the bottom. drain it everytime you fill the tank and you,ll be fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would say yes. My 6bt has a dual filter setup, can't hurt. Clean is clean, and anything less is not. :) Besides that, I may come across crap oil in my travels and any filtration protection I can give my poor truck will help.

·
Banned
427 Posts
racor company makes great remote extra filter- fuel water seperators. there all over ebay . i personally run the dual filters but its just cauz i got them . if you run the single filter with a drain and drain it every fuel up you,ll be fine in my opinion . always carry a spare fuel filter and a wrench to loosen the linector lines at the injector to bleed them. spare filter and wrench = never need them.. no got and sure as shootin you,ll need em.
bob

·
Registered
854 Posts
What is everyone doing for fuel filter, water separator options?
Wix 33472 or Napa 3472 fuel filter with drain on the bottom.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
if you get your fuel from truck stops ,never have to worry about it.If you have the room to run a dual filter set than that's up to .

I just run a std fuel filter with no drain and replace them every 10,000 miles.

CrewCab59

·
Registered
168 Posts
I worked at a mechanic for a coal trucking company during breaks from college for 3 years. Bout every two weeks, we'd have to run a new set of filters and a gallon of fuel out to one of the trucks cuz they got water in the fuel. Personally, I'd not drive down the street w/o a new filter, wrench, and a can of diesel. But that's just from what I've seen and my own opinion. Besides, better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you have the room to run a dual filter set than that's up to .
My "first line of defense" is a plain ol' cheap Napa #3033 disposable 3/8" inline metal fuel filter, right before the inlet to the mechanical lift pump. A spare takes up nearly no room in the bed toolbox.

Or you can even run one of these before the lift pump,
it will let you see what kind of junk is NOT getting run through the lift pump!
I usually don't like the plastic ones, though.

Now, if you want a nice, BIG primary filter,
then follow the tips in this article:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=3&pid=48

·
Registered
115 Posts
I run a single filter with the drain valve and find it a pain in the butt to reach into the bay to do it due to my truck being lifted. I am really thinking of doing a dual remote setup just for ease of draining and better filtering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts