Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how you guys that got a step van found yours.
I contacted Fritolay and they sent me over to an auction site dovebidding or something like that.
Is that how yall found the step vans?

Craigslist has not helped.
Ebay only found rebuilt motors for over $3K

I drove around looking and all the stepvans I found all had gas engines!!!!!!!!!!

Im about to call every salvage yard I can find,

Let me know your method of stepvan hunting and price paid so I can know what to expect.

I found one that looked promising but they want almost $5K for an early 80's model and that seemed high to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I used Craigslook.com Its a search engine for craigslist and allows you to search a much broader area than just one city at at time. Be prepared to drive if the right one pops up and don't expect it to stay available long if its truly a good deal on a good engine. The word is out, and people want them. A word of advice, if its still in the van try to make your deal on everything even remotely related to the engine (radiator, IC, alternator, starter, adapter, F/W or Flexplate, if its a stick get the bellhousing just in case, get all the tubing and hoses and wiring you can, get the hydroboost, if stick get the clutch pedal, and master/slave cylinders) all of this stuff is valuable to someone more than a scrapper. The more stuff you get the easier it will be to set up the engine so that you can run it periodically until you do the install and can help in mock-up if not the actual install.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Look for any Hostess/Wonder Bread trucks in your area and ask them where their bakery is. If you find the bakery location, call and talk to the Transportation Manager. It will probably be in LA. If you can find the location, you can let me know and I will get you the number. Let me know if I can help any further.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I found mine on craigslist out of Waco .. But there is a wrecking yard on or off I45 about Centerville or maybe North of that area a little. That guy seems to deal in them. It would be close to both you and the fellow in Arkansas .. Does any one else know who I'm talking about ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have (1) step-van with 4 BT with Auto.. Runs good. $4500. Also several engines that are take outs. 1 has a stick. $2500.. Contact Tony 864-616-7300. Located in SC

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a P30 with a 4bt/TH 400 combo. Runs great. 102,000 miles. Must be scrapped per Frito lay. $3,000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts